Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a most delicious pie. It's a heritage recipe and I've been using it for the last few summers in using up bumper pear crops. If pears are scarce, you can use canned pears.
- Fill pie shell with sliced pears.
- Mix together 1/4 cup of the sugar,the salt, cornstarch, lemon rind, and lemon juice and spread over the pears.
- Mix together remaining sugar, spices and flour and add to butter.
- Stir with a fork until crumbly and sprinkle over pears.
- Bake at 450F for 15 minutes, reducing to 350F to bake about 30 minutes more.