Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful blueberry pie recipe! I found this in Good Housekeeping magazine but it's originally from the Abc Country Restaurant in Vancouver, British Columbia. Prep time does not include chilling time.
- In a 2-qt saucepan, mix milk, yolks, 1/4 C sugar, and 2 T cornstarch; cook over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring.
- Stir in vanilla and 1 T butter; transfer custard to a shallow dish, cover surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a 3-qt saucepan, stir 1 cup of berries with 2/3 C sugar, 3 T cornstarch and 1 C water; heat to boiling over high heat and cook 2 minutes to thicken, stirring.
- Stir in lemon juice and 1 T butter; cool and stir in remaining berries.
- Spread custard in pie shell; top with berry mixture and refrigerate at least 3 hours to set.
I've had this recipe sitting around from Good Housekeeping for years, and I finally made it about a month ago. It is DEFINITELY the best blueberry pie I've ever tasted. Make sure you use fresh blueberries!