This recipe came from the cookbook Simple Elegance and it is so good! I always double the whipped cream mixture. I did not include chilling time in the prep or cook time.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan.
- Blend in water and 1 cup blueberries.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until very thick.
- Stir in butter and lemon juice. Cool slightly.
- Fold in remaining berries.
- Chill about 1 hour.
- Beat heavy cream until thick, add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Spread whipped cream over the bottom of baked pie shell.
- Top with blueberry filling. Chill 1-2 hours before serving.