Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Elegant Raspberry Bliss! I highly recommend you use Egg Pastry recipe number 17829
Make and share this French Raspberry Tart recipe from Food.com.
- In a small bowl combine sugar, flour, cornstarch and egg yolks.
- Beat with an electric mixer until thick and light yellow.
- In a 1 quart heavy non-aluminum saucepan heat the half-and-half over medium high heat.
- Stir constantly.
- When you see a few small bubbles start to rise up from the side of pan, remove from heat.
- Slowly pour 1/3 of the hot half-and-half, whisking fast and constantly as you pour.
- When it is well incorporated stir the warmed egg mixture back into the pan of milk, whisking constantly.
- Over medium low heat heat until the custard is very thick and a few bubbles begin to surface.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and butter.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap over the surface to prevent a skin from forming.
- Cool completely.
- Spoon the cooled custard into the baked tart shell.
- Top with the raspberries, round ends up, working from the outside in a circular pattern until the surface is covered.
- In a small pan over low heat melt jelly, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Evenly spoon warmed jelly over raspberries.
- Chill Completely.
- Offer whipped cream and serve.
Simply *fantastic* ! I took the suggestion of reviewer Pam D., and put a thin layer of dark chocolate (melted dark chocolate chips) on the crust before adding the custard. To amplify the raspberry flavor, I used raspberry preserves instead of red currant jelly. Finally, I made the tart even more decadent by then drizzling more melted chocolate all over the top of the raspberries and glaze. Heaven! My guests have already begged me to make this again... and I will happily oblige. :)
Made this for Easter and it was great. I didn't have a tart pan so I used puff pastry in a 10" pie pan and it was a huge hit. I was thinking next time I may put a thin layer of dark chocolate on the pie crust before adding rest of ingredients because I love chocolate and raspberries together.