Fruit pies always make a good dessert, I think. Based on the reviews, I don't think any changes are necessary for this adopted recipe. The reviewer's suggestion of lemon juice instead of orange juice is a great idea if you're like me and always have lemons or lemon juice but rarely keep orange juice in the house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups Bartlett pears, pared and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon, rind of
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, frozen concentrate
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
SPICY CRUMB TOPPING
- 1Combine the pears, orange juice concentrate and lemon rind in a bowl and toss lightly.
- 2Arrange the pear mixture in the unbaked pie shell.
- 3Prepare the Spicy Crumb Topping (instructions below) and sprinkle over the pear mixture.
- 4Bake in a preheated 400 degree F. oven for 40 minutes or until the pears are tender.
- 5Cover loosely with aluminum foil after 30 minutes if the top becomes too brown.
- 6Cool on a wire rack before serving.
- 7SPICY CRUMB TOPPING:
- 8Combine the flour, sugar, spices and salt in a bowl.
- 9Cut in the margarine, using a pastry blender, until the mixture is crumbly.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Pear Pie
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.4
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 260.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g