What ever season you are celebrating this lush four layered dessert is a crowd pleaser.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 3/4 cup Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup margarine (or butter, melted)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drain but reserve juice)
- 8 drops green food coloring (optional but does make for a 'green summer')
- 1 (212 g) package lemon pie filling (NOT instant, you need the 6 serving size, brand sizes likely vary)
- 3/4 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1 (12 ounce) carton Cool Whip (thawed, I use whipping cream)
- 1SPRING: For base; in large mixing bowl combine all spring ingredients, press into a 9x 13 glass pan.
- 2SUMMER: Soften cream cheese, beat in sugar and the beaten eggs - add vanilla, drained pineapple and food coloring - mix well.
- 3Pour over spring (base), bake at 350 for approximately 20 minutes until set.
- 4FALL: cook pie filling according to directions on package using the 3/4 cup of reserved pineapple juice and enough water to equal liquid called for in the pie filling - when thickened pour over summer.
- 5WINTER: When lemon filling is cool, cover with Cool Whip or whipping cream about 1 - 1 1/2 inch thickness.
- 6Refrigerate until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Four Season Icebox Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.4
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 113.3 mg
- Sodium 358.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 39.0 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pie filling