1/3 Photos of Flourless Lemon-Almond Cake
Susiecat too's Note:
Middle Eastern flavors, delicious and not too sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F and butter and flour a 9-inch cake pan with high sides, line bottom with parchment paper.
- 2Finely grind almonds with 2 tablespoons of sugar in food processor.
- 3Mix yolks, 2 tablespoons sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon and a pinch of salt in a bowl until thick and smooth.
- 4Add almond mixture, stir.
- 5Separately (with clean bowl and beaters) beat egg whites until soft peaks form, then gradually add 4 tablespoons sugar, beating until egg whites are stiff but not dry.
- 6Fold half of egg whites gently into almond mixture, then add other half and finish folding in gently.
- 7Transfer to prepared pan.
- 8Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30-35 minutes.
- 9Cool on rack, turn out onto serving platter.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless Lemon-Almond Cake
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.0
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 40.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 8.3 g