Middle Eastern flavors, delicious and not too sweet.
Make and share this Flourless Lemon-Almond Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and butter and flour a 9-inch cake pan with high sides, line bottom with parchment paper.
- Finely grind almonds with 2 tablespoons of sugar in food processor.
- Mix yolks, 2 tablespoons sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon and a pinch of salt in a bowl until thick and smooth.
- Add almond mixture, stir.
- Separately (with clean bowl and beaters) beat egg whites until soft peaks form, then gradually add 4 tablespoons sugar, beating until egg whites are stiff but not dry.
- Fold half of egg whites gently into almond mixture, then add other half and finish folding in gently.
- Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30-35 minutes.
- Cool on rack, turn out onto serving platter.