Perfect for Valentines Day, or just a romantic dinner with your sweetie! This recipe came from the Rockland County Magazine.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Butter two 8-inch heart shaped pans. Coat the pans with cocoa powder.
- Separate the eggs into two bowls.
- Add sugar to the bowl with the yolks and beat well.
- Sift in the cocoa powder. Beat together. Add enough milk to get it smooth but not runny.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff.
- Take a small quantity and stir into the chocolate mixture. Gently fold in the rest.
- Pour into the prepared cake pans.
- Bake 20-30 minutes. Let cool.
- In a saucepan, boil 1/2 cup and 3 tablespoons of heavy cream.
- Remove from the stove and add the chocolate. Stir well.
- Whip in the rest of the cream into soft peaks then fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Put the mousse between the two stacked flourless chocolate heart cakes and on the top.
- Keep refrigerated.