1/1 Photo of Flourless Chocolate Heart Cake
Perfect for Valentines Day, or just a romantic dinner with your sweetie! This recipe came from the Rockland County Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2-3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4-1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Butter two 8-inch heart shaped pans. Coat the pans with cocoa powder.
- 3Separate the eggs into two bowls.
- 4Add sugar to the bowl with the yolks and beat well.
- 5Sift in the cocoa powder. Beat together. Add enough milk to get it smooth but not runny.
- 6Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff.
- 7Take a small quantity and stir into the chocolate mixture. Gently fold in the rest.
- 8Pour into the prepared cake pans.
- 9Bake 20-30 minutes. Let cool.
- 10In a saucepan, boil 1/2 cup and 3 tablespoons of heavy cream.
- 11Remove from the stove and add the chocolate. Stir well.
- 12Whip in the rest of the cream into soft peaks then fold into the chocolate mixture.
- 13Put the mousse between the two stacked flourless chocolate heart cakes and on the top.
- 14Keep refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless Chocolate Heart Cake
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.2
- Calories from Fat 469
- Total Fat 52.1 g
- Saturated Fat 31.2 g
- Cholesterol 325.7 mg
- Sodium 147.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 11.8 g