1 hr 40 mins
Moist cake with excellent chocolate flavor! and it's gluten-free! Once you've made THIS chocolate frosting, you'll use it again and again. (If you don't want the alcohol but want the flavor of Kahlua, boil Kahlua for about 30 seconds, remeasure and cool.)
My Private Note
"9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces hazelnuts, toasted and skins removed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- 5/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
Mocha Cream Frosting
- 1For cake, preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- 3Grind toasted hazelnuts in food processor until very finely chopped.
- 4Stir in baking powder and set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar until pale in color.
- 6Mix in ground hazelnuts, Kahlua and melted chocolate.
- 7In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- 8Quickly fold 1/3 of the egg whites into chocolate mixture to lighten the mixture.
- 9Then add remaining whites and fold until no white streaks remain.
- 10Pour into springform pan.
- 11Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until top of cake springs back when lightly touched.
- 12Cool on wire rack.
- 13When cake is cool, slice horizontally into 2 layers.
- 14Drizzle each cut side with 1 tbsp Kahlua.
- 15To make frosting, dissolve coffee in boiling water.
- 16Set aside.
- 17Melt chips in microwave oven, stir until smooth.
- 18Set aside.
- 19In medium bowl, combine butter and eggs, beat until creamy.
- 20Beat in melted chips and coffee, mixing until well blended.
- 21Spread generously between layers, down the sides and on the top of the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1696 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7416.8
- Calories from Fat 5273
- Total Fat 585.9 g
- Saturated Fat 240.1 g
- Cholesterol 2043.8 mg
- Sodium 1340.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 482.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 71.6 g
- Sugars 372.4 g
- Protein 130.8 g