1/2 Photos of Finest Vanilla Cupcakes
This is a great little recipe from Bill Grainger that is used endlessly in my house. Mostly I don't bother making it into cupcakes, but prefer to bake one larger cake, then portion into squares-a little more grown up if you are using it for afternoon tea-but in cupcake form they are great for kids parties! I also don't always bother with the frosting, as it’s quite delicious without it. Its quick and easy to make-kids and adults love it alike, and it freezes well too! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g softened unsalted butter
- 250 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 185 g self raising flour
- 60 g plain flour
- 185 ml milk
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Grease a 12 hole 125ml muffin tin.
- 3Put butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one by one, then add vanilla and beat until well combined.
- 4Sift flours together and fold into butter mixture while slowly adding the milk. Stir until almost smooth.
- 5Divide mixture between muffin holes and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave in the tin for at least 10 minutes. Turn out on rack to cool.
- 6For the icing, melt the chocolate in a bowl over hot water, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- 7Gently beat in the sour cream until icing is thick and creamy.
- 8Spread icing on the cooled cupcakes and decorate with raspberries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Finest Vanilla Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.2
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 124.1 mg
- Sodium 69.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 34.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g