Fresh figs, almonds make this a wonderfully sweet and rich cake. No frosting needed. If you want you can dust with powdered sugar.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole toasted almond
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh fig
- Grease and flour a 9-inch Bundt pan.
- In a food processor pulse with a metal blade almonds to a fine crumb add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt pulse to mix and lighten.
- Beat together sugar and oil until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla and almond extract.
- In a mixer at low speed, beat flour into egg mixture a little at a time, alternating with orange juice. Stir in figs. Spoon batter into prepared baking pan; smooth top.
- Bake cake at 350° for about 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool fig cake in pan on rack for about 5 minutes; remove from pan to rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.