Every year come September I always get requests for my Honey Cake recipe.Half of the Mother's in my older son's class have been making it for years! If you like a moist Honey Cake and a super easy recipe - this is it!I originally got this recipe from one of my nieces and adapted it.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, honey, sugar and oil until well blended. Tip: Measure the oil first and use the same measuring cup for the honey- it will slide right out!
- In a separate bowl combine the remaining dry ingredients.
- Add approximately 1/3 of the dry ingrdients to the honey mixture. Mix.
- Add 1/3 of the coffee. Mix.
- Repeat process, adding 1/3 dry ingredients and 1/3 coffee until everything is mixed together.
- Grease a baking form/pan (I use a Silicon Kugelhopf form, 16cm high & 24cm wide, which makes a beautiful presentation) with margarine and coat with coconut flakes.
- Pour batter into form.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 1 hour.(Baking time varies depending upon what form you use.Check that toothpick comes out clean - if crumbs are on it, that's fine)