This pie brings back great memories of being stationed back in Hawaii. This was one of our favorite desserts. I'm so glad we don't have to be on the island to enjoy this great dessert.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake crust for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside to cool. In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk, coconut milk and 1 cup sugar.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in water. Bring coconut mixture to a boil. Reduce to simmer and slowly whisk in the cornstarch.
- Continue stirring mixture over low heat until thickened.
- In a small sauce pan, melt chocolate chips for 1 minute or until melted. Reserve 1/2 of the coconut mixture. Mix remaining half with the melted chocolate and pour in bottom of pie crust; pour reserved half on top of chocolate layer. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Whip cream with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Layer the cream on pie; if desired garnish with chocolate shavings. Best if it refrigerates over night to completely firm.