1/5 Photos of Favorite Chocolate Haupia Pie
This pie brings back great memories of being stationed back in Hawaii. This was one of our favorite desserts. I'm so glad we don't have to be on the island to enjoy this great dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake crust for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside to cool. In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk, coconut milk and 1 cup sugar.
- 2In a separate bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in water. Bring coconut mixture to a boil. Reduce to simmer and slowly whisk in the cornstarch.
- 3Continue stirring mixture over low heat until thickened.
- 4In a small sauce pan, melt chocolate chips for 1 minute or until melted. Reserve 1/2 of the coconut mixture. Mix remaining half with the melted chocolate and pour in bottom of pie crust; pour reserved half on top of chocolate layer. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
- 5Whip cream with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Layer the cream on pie; if desired garnish with chocolate shavings. Best if it refrigerates over night to completely firm.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Chocolate Haupia Pie
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 741.9
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.1 g
- Cholesterol 64.1 mg
- Sodium 170.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 73.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g