2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
The wining pie in this year's Michigan Living baking contest. The winner's name is Pamela Conrad. I haven't tried this pie yet, but it sounds wonderful. Pinconning, by the way, is a city in Michigan known for its cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lb cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- ice water
- 1/4 cup finely grated sharp pinconning cheese
- 1/4 lb cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1CRUST: Using a pastry blender, mix flour, salt and butter'til ingredients look like a coarse meal.
- 2Add grated cheese.
- 3Gradually add drops of ice water and mix'til dough holds together (approx 1/4 cup water).
- 4Pat dough into a flat circle onto a piece of plastic wrap.
- 5Cover with wrap and refrigerate at least an hour.
- 6CRUMB TOPPING: Combine butter and flour with a pastry blender or in a food processor until mixture looks like coarse meal.
- 7Add brown sugar and oats and combine.
- 8Set aside.
- 9FILLING: Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F).
- 10Roll our pie crust to a 14-inch circle and press into an 8-inch pie plate or tin.
- 11Beat the eggs and add the sugar, flour, sour cream, lemon rind and juice.
- 12Add the cherries and apples then mix well.
- 13Pour filling into crust.
- 14Bring overhanging pastry up over the filling.
- 15Bake for 10 minutes.
- 16Remove from oven, sprinkle crumb topping on the apple filling and return to oven.
- 17Continue baking 30-35 minutes, until crumb topping is brown and filling is set.
- 18Chill slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farmhouse Apple Cherry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1769 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6081.0
- Calories from Fat 3156
- Total Fat 350.7 g
- Saturated Fat 213.9 g
- Cholesterol 1274.3 mg
- Sodium 2976.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 670.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.2 g
- Sugars 295.1 g
- Protein 82.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: