1/3 Photos of Fantastic Rhubarb Cake
This is a fantastic cake that I have made it many times and it's one of the best rhubarb cakes! --- and it also will work well with fresh blueberries ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb (heaping cups!)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3In a small bowl using fingers mix together the topping ingredients until crumbly; set aside.
- 4In a large bowl cream 1/2 cup butter with sugar until fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- 5Add in egg and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- 6In a small bowl mix together 2 cups flour with baking soda, salt and a pinch of nutmeg; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- 7Toss the chopped rhubarb with 1 tablespoon flour then stir into the batter along with the walnuts.
- 8Sprinkle the prepared topping mixture evenly over the top of the batter.
- 9Bake for about 45-50 minutes.
- 10Serve cake warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Rhubarb Cake
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.5
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 51.9 mg
- Sodium 308.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 49.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g