1/1 Photo of Fantastic Banana Cream Pie or Pudding Using 3-4 Ripe Bananas
Chef Reg Jones's Note:
Here is a great way to use up those ripe bananas.This homemade"made from scratch" recipe(for the filling) will sure be a hit around the house and work place.Its easy to prepare. You can make a Graham Cracker crust, recipe on Recipezaar,or purchase a couple shells to save time. The taste is amazing. This recipe will make enough filling for 2 -10" pies. People will be asking for the recipe. Best I have ever had, "No Doubt".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix cornstarch, sugar, salt with the cold milk in a large saucepan.
- 2Cook mixture over medium heat to dissolve. (Stir constantly) until boiling.
- 3Pour 1/4 of the mixture into the beaten eggs and blend thoroughly.
- 4Return mixture back to saucepan.
- 5Add 1 smashed banana to mixture and stir until blended .
- 6Cook until thick and creamy.
- 7Add margarine/butter and vanilla.
- 8Add dash of salt.
- 9Add 1/2 of the mixture to 2x10" pie shells (1/4 of mixture to each shell).
- 10Slice the remaining bananas on top of the 2 pies.
- 11Cover the bananas with the rest of the mixture.
- 12Put in refrigerator to set.
- 13When ready top the pies with whipped cream or Cool Whip.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Banana Cream Pie or Pudding Using 3-4 Ripe Bananas
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.0
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 66.0 mg
- Sodium 317.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 44.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g