Here is a great way to use up those ripe bananas.This homemade"made from scratch" recipe(for the filling) will sure be a hit around the house and work place.Its easy to prepare. You can make a Graham Cracker crust, recipe on Recipezaar,or purchase a couple shells to save time. The taste is amazing. This recipe will make enough filling for 2 -10" pies. People will be asking for the recipe. Best I have ever had, "No Doubt".
- Mix cornstarch, sugar, salt with the cold milk in a large saucepan.
- Cook mixture over medium heat to dissolve. (Stir constantly) until boiling.
- Pour 1/4 of the mixture into the beaten eggs and blend thoroughly.
- Return mixture back to saucepan.
- Add 1 smashed banana to mixture and stir until blended .
- Cook until thick and creamy.
- Add margarine/butter and vanilla.
- Add dash of salt.
- Add 1/2 of the mixture to 2x10" pie shells (1/4 of mixture to each shell).
- Slice the remaining bananas on top of the 2 pies.
- Cover the bananas with the rest of the mixture.
- Put in refrigerator to set.
- When ready top the pies with whipped cream or Cool Whip.