1/1 Photo of Family Favorite Kraut Burgers
I like this recipe because my family loves it! It is their favorite meal that I cook on occasion. My Husband is German and Kraut burgers are his favorite German food. I have worked on this recipe for many years to make this recipe better and easier. Tip one is to make sure you have several cookie sheets and a clean table. Tip number two don't buy cheap meat. Buy the good quality meat. Tip number three turn on some music.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all rolls out on cookie sheets. Spray syran wrap with cooking spray and cover snuggly (so dough does not dry out. Leave out to rise over night.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3In Large skillet brown ground beef and sausage together. When fully cooked drain off any excess oil in skillet. Season meat with salt,pepper and garlic powder. Add onions and half of the cabbage. Cover and let simmer.
- 4While meat is cooking clean a large surface area and dust lightly with flour. Roll out each roll to about 6" to 7" round circle.
- 5I do one cookie sheet at a time.
- 6Remove meat mixture from skillet and put it in a large bowl.
- 7Add the remaining cabbage to meat and stir well.(You can adjust the amount of cabbage you put in at this time if wanted or needed.). The heat from the meat will steam the remaining cabbage. Add Cheese to mixture. Stir well.
- 8Place approximately 1/2 to 3/4 cup of mixture on top of one rolled out roll (dough) and cover with second roll. Pinch edges tightly all around the roll and tuck under roll. Place each roll on cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9My family eats these with honey mustard and spicy mustard.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Family Favorite Kraut Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.4
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 54.2 mg
- Sodium 440.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 21.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: