Chef mariajane's Note:
I love anything with coconut,so to say that I love this cake is not an exaggeration - it is very delicious!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- 1 1/4 cups coconut
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1Prepare cake according to package directions and bake in 9x13x2 inch baking pan.
- 2Cool 20 minutes and remove from pan and onto a large platter or jelly roll pan.
- 3With toothpick, make holes in cake at 1-inch intervals.
- 4Heat evaporated milk, sugar and flavoring and pour over cake.
- 5Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator overnight so that cake weill completely absorb milk sugar mixture.
- 6The next day spread whipped topping over top and sides of cake.
- 7Sprinkle on coconut.
- 8Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 9May be served as is or topped with fresh strawberries or peaches.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extra Moist Coconut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.9
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 268.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 32.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: