1/6 Photos of Erica's Rhubarb Cake
1 hr 25 mins
This decadent cake came from a student's grandmother, and was the child's request for her class treat. Her mother also put confectioners frosting on it while hot and sprinkled with some chopped pecans. The class loved this, and so does my family:) The rhubarb and the batter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Put flour, salt, 3/4 cup of sugar, and baking powder in large mixing bowl. Add butter and cut into until crumbly.
- 3Beat eggs in small bowl.
- 4Add eggs and milk to flour mixture.
- 5Stir together like muffins.
- 6In separate large bowl, (make sure rhubarb is dry or it adds wetness to cake) put chopped rhubarb and 1 cup of sugar.
- 7Mix the rhubarb and sugar together.
- 8Put 2/3 of the cake mixture into a 13 X 9 inch that you did not grease, I repeat do not grease.
- 9Pour rhubarb on top.
- 10Drop remaining cake mix on top of the rhubarb.
- 11Bake for 55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Erica's Rhubarb Cake
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.8
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.7 mg
- Sodium 228.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 3.2 g