I got this recepe originally from my friend Elizabeth who had a huge garden and plenty of zucchini. It is a moist, lovely cake that I like plain with no icing or frosting, though Elizabeth would use an orange or lemon glaze . She would also use whole wheat pastry flour. I have also used bittersweet chocolate with great results. Sour cream or yogurt can be substituted for the buttermilk.
- Melt chocolate, oil and butter at low heat.
- Mix together in seperate bowl sugar, eggs,vanilla and dairy choice.
- In another bowl sift together flour, cocoa, soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix all ingredients alternating wet and dry.
- Finally add zucchini.
- Bake in greased and floured Bundt pan at 350 degrees F.
- For 40-60 minutes or until straw comes out clean.