1/1 Photo of Elizabeth's Chocolate Zucchini Cake
I got this recepe originally from my friend Elizabeth who had a huge garden and plenty of zucchini. It is a moist, lovely cake that I like plain with no icing or frosting, though Elizabeth would use an orange or lemon glaze . She would also use whole wheat pastry flour. I have also used bittersweet chocolate with great results. Sour cream or yogurt can be substituted for the buttermilk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt chocolate, oil and butter at low heat.
- 2Mix together in seperate bowl sugar, eggs,vanilla and dairy choice.
- 3In another bowl sift together flour, cocoa, soda, baking powder and salt.
- 4Mix all ingredients alternating wet and dry.
- 5Finally add zucchini.
- 6Bake in greased and floured Bundt pan at 350 degrees F.
- 7For 40-60 minutes or until straw comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elizabeth's Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.1
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 50.3 mg
- Sodium 422.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 5.0 g