These aren't really elephant ears but they are tasty little cinnamon and sugar filled pastries!
Make and share this Elephant Ears recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet with shortening.
- Heat margarine until melted; set aside.
- Stir flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, the baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir in milk and 3 tablespoons of the melted margarine until dough forms.
- Sprinkle a surface lightly with flour; turn dough onto surface.
- Knead 10 times.
- Roll dough with a rolling pin or pat with hands into a rectangle, 9x5 inches.
- Brush with remaining melted margarine, using a pastry brush; sprinkle with mixture of 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough up tightly, beginning at narrow end.
- Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal.
- Cut into 4 equal pieces with sharp knife.
- Place cut sides up on cookie sheet; pat each into a 6-inch circle.
- Sprinkle with more sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet with a spatula.
- Let cool on wire rack.