1/2 Photos of Elephant Ears
Abby C's Note:
These aren't really elephant ears but they are tasty little cinnamon and sugar filled pastries!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Grease a cookie sheet with shortening.
- 3Heat margarine until melted; set aside.
- 4Stir flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, the baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- 5Stir in milk and 3 tablespoons of the melted margarine until dough forms.
- 6Sprinkle a surface lightly with flour; turn dough onto surface.
- 7Knead 10 times.
- 8Roll dough with a rolling pin or pat with hands into a rectangle, 9x5 inches.
- 9Brush with remaining melted margarine, using a pastry brush; sprinkle with mixture of 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.
- 10Roll dough up tightly, beginning at narrow end.
- 11Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal.
- 12Cut into 4 equal pieces with sharp knife.
- 13Place cut sides up on cookie sheet; pat each into a 6-inch circle.
- 14Sprinkle with more sugar.
- 15Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 16Immediately remove from cookie sheet with a spatula.
- 17Let cool on wire rack.
Nutritional Facts for Elephant Ears
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.6
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 346.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g