This is such an easy cake to make. My two little ones absolutely loved it. It is even better w/ a strawberry glaze as a filling. Enjoy!
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package French vanilla cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour or 3 tablespoons cake flour
- 1⁄2 cup crushed fresh strawberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package French vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour 2-9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the gelatin in cold water. Stir in the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, flour, and strawberries. Beat till well mixed. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes in preheated oven, or do toothpick test. Cool cakes in the pans for 10 minutes before inverting.
- To Make Frosting: Combine milk and pudding mix. Add lemon extract. Fold in frozen whipped topping. Frost cooled cakes. Top with fresh strawberries.