1/1 Photo of Easy Santa Fe Tiramisu
I was on an RV road trip from Seattle to Santa Fe, visiting friends in July 2000. We were invited to dinner at our friend's father's house. I certainly couldn't go empty handed, but i didn't bring any dessert recipes with me. I did have the current issue of Taste of Home, i hadn't read it yet, but it saved me! I found a recipe that i would be able to modify enough to make in the RV. I took it to this beautiful outdoor dinner party. Every dish there was elegantly presented. Until i set down my disposable roaster pan! I didn't know what to call this dessert, and hoped no one would know who brought it, and that's when i realized that the "wonderful Tiramisu" everyone was raving about was mine! The name stuck, and i've made it the same way ever since (although I usually present it in a glass trifle bowl). I'm sharing my very easy version with you here. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) sara lee frozen butter pound cake
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons instant coffee granules (I like International Delight Brand in French Vanilla or Kahlua flavor)
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, whipped or 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip Topping
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, coarsely grated
- 1Cut pound cake into 1 inch cubes.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In mixing bowl, beat sugar, coffee granules and cream cheese until smooth.
- 4Fold in whipped cream.
- 5In a tall sided glass bowl (or 13x9x2" dish), layer half of the pound cake, 1 cup of berries, half of the cream cheese mixture and half of the chocolate shavings.
- 6Repeat layers.
- 7Top with remaining raspberries.
- 8Refrigerate until serving time or up to overnight.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Santa Fe Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.7
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 136.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g