This pie is really good!!!
Make and share this Easy Refrigerator White Chocolate Lime Pie (No-Bake) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1 (11 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice (preferably Key lime juice)
- green food coloring (optional)
- 9 inches prepared graham cracker crusts (store-bough or homemade)
- whipped cream or Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- lime slice (optional)
- In a medium saucepan combine the whipping cream with the white chocolate baking chips over low heat; cook 5 minutes or until the chips melt, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add in sour cream, lime rind, fresh lime juice and food colouring (if using) mix well to combine.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Cover and chill for at least 8 hours.
- Serve with a dollup of whipped cream or Cool Whip and a thin slice of lime.
I've made this twice and both times it tasted great. However, it wouldn't set either time that I made it. I feel like I'm probably doing something wrong since I doubt it should have the consistency of pudding, but I'm not sure what. The only thing I can think of that might fix it is possibly whipping the cream but the recipe specifically says not to.
Fantastic! This is going in my 2011 Favorites cookbook. It is so easy to prepare. So refreshing when served chilled. I made my own graham cracker crust using Basic Graham Cracker Crust. I used one 12-oz. bag of Nestle's white chocolate chips. It is one of those pies that you want to keep eating until all of a sudden you're like 'Sugar OVERLOAD!! I must stop eating this at once.'. It is a company-worthy pie, for sure.
Yum and so easy too - love these recipes. Thanks ....