From my test kitchen. Less ingredients than some red velvet cake recipes call for, an inexpensive, yummy and moist version. Perfect if it's your first time trying the red velvet cake.
- 1 (15 ounce) boxof duncan hines' red velvet cake mix
- 3 1⁄2 ounces white chocolate pudding mix or 3 1⁄2 ounces regular chocolate instant pudding
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coke
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (optional)
- Mix all cake ingredients except milk.
- Bake according to box directions.
- Immediately after removing from oven, poke holes over the cake (with a chopstick or similar tool) and slowly pour condensed milk over the top of the cake, let it be absorbed.
- Let the cake cool.
- While the cake cools hand-mix all frosting ingredients.
- If the cake is completely cool, frost the cake and refrigerate.