Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A classic plum recipe which is easy to make, takes hardly any time and is delicious - eat is with your choice of accompaniment... ice cream, custard, whipped cream, mascarpone etc. Enjoy!
- 15 g butter, for greasing
- 500 g plums, halved & stoned
- 75 g plain flour
- 50 g caster sugar or 50 g granulated sugar
- 200 ml creamy coconut milk
- 50 ml skim milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas6. Grease a shallow ovenproof dish (1.5l capacity). Arrange the plums in the dish, spreading them in an even layer. Place in the oven for 5 minutes so the dish will be hot when you come to pour the batter (important!).
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the sugar. Mix the coconut milk, milk, eggs and vanilla. Whisk into the flour mixture to make a smooth batter. I usually just throw it all in a belnder & whizz until I have a smooth batter!
- Pour the batter over the fruit. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until set and golden in colour.
- Scatter the dessicated coconut over the top and serve straight away with whatever you fancy (see my ideas above).
I loved this clafoutis and it REALLY is easy peasy! We had fresh custard with it and I realised that I should have made 2 of these as we all wanted seconds. The coconut was an interesting addition to the recipe. Can't wait to have it again..