Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are real easy and everyone almost always has the 6 ingredients on hand.
Make and share this Easy Old-Fashion Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Cream margarine; add sugar, beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, stir in flour and milk. ( You may need to add a little more milk or flour to get the best consistency to roll out).
- Roll into two logs, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- When ready to bake, just slice into thin slices. Bake at 350' for 5 to 7 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned; tops will be slightly moist.
These are WONDERFUL! So easy and they taste amazing! If you cut them really thick and top with vanilla frosting, they will be GONE at a party!
These turned out pretty good. I also did not have self-rising flour and added 2 tsp baking powder as Chef #591579 suggested and it worked well. I used earthbalance butter in place of the margarine and soymilk for regular milk. I dipped these in a sugar/cinnamon mix before baking and were tasty. Thanks. Edit: I've also had success freezing half of this recipe for a later time. I just take it out of the freezer and into the fridge to thaw. This time I made it with sprinkles on top and they were not only pretty, but tasted great!
I love this recipe they are delicious simple and great dough to work with and roll out. Add your flavor extracts bake add some icing with decorations your golden! Thank you for the recipe very pleased!