Nice and lemony, this cake tastes wonderful! Original recipe from the Land O'Lakes website.
Make and share this Easy Lemon Snack Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemons, rind of
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 -3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350º. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a lightly greased 8x8 square baking pan. Make 2 indentations in flour mixture. Set aside.
- Combine egg and lemon peel in small bowl with fork; pour into 1 indentation. Pour 1.4 cup melted butter in other indentation. Pour milk over all; mix well. (Some lumps will remain).
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter and enough lemon juice for desired glazing consistency in small bowl. Spread glaze over cooled cake.