Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nice and lemony, this cake tastes wonderful! Original recipe from the Land O'Lakes website.
Make and share this Easy Lemon Snack Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemons, rind of
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 -3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350º. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a lightly greased 8x8 square baking pan. Make 2 indentations in flour mixture. Set aside.
- Combine egg and lemon peel in small bowl with fork; pour into 1 indentation. Pour 1.4 cup melted butter in other indentation. Pour milk over all; mix well. (Some lumps will remain).
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter and enough lemon juice for desired glazing consistency in small bowl. Spread glaze over cooled cake.
my husband and i tend to lean more towards chocolate brownies as a guilty snack but i tried these and they were absolutely fabulous! the only thing i changed a bit was adding extra lemon juice to the glaze. unbelievably easy recipe.
Fabulous! Easy to follow recipe and taste great. What more can you ask for? LOL