Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I was looking for an easy bundt cake to take to work. I had a can of Lemon Pie Filling and thought it would make the cake really taste lemony and be very moist, so I tried it. My co-workers gobbled it down in a matter of minutes. Makes 1 10-12 cup bundt cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 (21 ounce) can lemon pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 can duncan hines creamy home-style classic vanilla frosting (or flavor of your choice)
- Pour yellow cake mix into large mixing bowl.
- Add 3 eggs, 1 can Lemon Pie Filling, 1/4 cup water, and 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
- Mix with mixer for 2 minutes on medium-high speed.
- Pour into a greased bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cool cake for 10 minutes, then remove from pan onto cake plate.
- Microwave 1/3 to 1/2 can of frosting until consistency of glaze.
- Drizzle frosting onto top of cake, letting it drip down sides.
This is a really good cake!! Sooooo moist. A nice lemon taste but not overpowering. I did not use any frosting on it because I want to keep it covered so that it would stay moist. Plus I think it's good without any frosting.
This was very moist and delicious!! Thanks for sharing your recipe....next time I'm going to try it with lemon frosting/glaze.
This was very good and ridiculously easy however next time I think I will only use half of the lemon pie filling because the taste was a little too strong.