Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From King Arthur Baker's Companion Cookbook. This is a cross between a yeast bread and a quick bread. It takes just like cinnamon cofeecake, with less the work. I sometimes use mini chocolate chips instead of the cinnamon chips.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar yeast, cinnamon and salt. In a seperate bowl, whisk together the milk, butter and egg.
- Combine the wet with the dry ingredients, beating until smooth. Batter will be like the mixture of a quick bread (somewhat wet). Cover and let rest for an hour, then stir in baking powder and cinnamon chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spoon the batter into a greased 81/2 X 41/2 inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake the bread for 35 to 40 minutes, until cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the bread from the oven, let stand 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool. This will slice better when completely cooled.