Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I found this recipe in a magazine years ago and it is requested quite a bit from family and friends. It is very easy to make! You can experiment with different pudding flavors or even make the pie fat free by substituting the ingredients with fat free ones.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 tablespoons milk and sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- Gently stir in 1-1/2 cups of the whipped topping.
- Spread onto bottom of crusts.
- Pour 2 cups milk into another large bowl.
- Add pudding mixes.
- Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended (mixture will be thick).
- Immediately stir in the remaining whipped topping.
- Spread over cream cheese layer in crusts.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
- Store leftover pie in refrigerator.
I loved this recipe! It's absolutely wonderful! I cut the recipe in half and only made 1 pie. I loved the cream cheese layer and if I had to do one thing different it would be to double that layer. Thanks for posting! Made for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap April2013.
I loved how simple this was to pull together. I did end up putting the filling into just one oreo crust so it would be nice and tall, and I chopped up some dark chocolate and added it to one of the layers to add a bit of texture. The only other thing I did differently was to put this in the freezer for several hours as it was a bit softer than I prefer when it was refrigerated. The freezer kept it beautifully and it was more of a cheesecake density and less like the consistency of pudding. I'm gonna make this again with different flavors and add-ins - very yummy!
Chocolate yumminess and easy. I cut this in 1/2 and only made some slight mistakes. Made for Aus/NZ recipe swap.