1/1 Photo of Easy Chewy Caramel Cake Mix Brownies
I found this simple recipe on the back of a chocolate chip package, and they are fantastic! I mixed butterscotch, bourdeaux syrup and caramel sauce for mine, however, one of the three would work as well. **NOTE: Be sure the caramel or butterscotch you use is the thickest one you can find. If you use a thin one, it will cause problems when setting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 12 tablespoons butter or 12 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 12 ounces thick caramel ice cream topping or 12 ounces thick butterscotch sundae sauce or 12 ounces bordeaux syrup
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Heat oven to 350.
- 2Grease a 9x13" pan.
- 3Beat cake mix, 1/3 cup evaporated milk and melted butter rapidly for 1 minute.
- 4Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- 5Bake for 15 minutes or until set.
- 6In medium bowl, mix caramel (butterscotch or bordeaux syrup), flour, and remaining evaporated milk.
- 7Pour evenly over brownies.
- 8Sprinkle 1 cup chocolate chips over them, then sprinkle remaining clumps of cake mix on top, and finish with remaining chocolate chips.
- 9Bake again for 30 minutes.
- 10Will look a little undercooked, but will set as it cools.
- 11Cool on a wire rack, and cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chewy Caramel Cake Mix Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.9
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 282.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g