Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my favorite pumpkin cake recipe, courtesy of Kraft.
Make and share this Easy Autumn Pumpkin Spice Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- philadelphia cream cheese frosting (or home-made cream cheese frosting)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted Planters pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place cake mix, dry pudding mix, pumpkin, oil, 1/2 cup water, eggs and spice in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened.
- Beat on medium speed 4 minutes.
- Pour into greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 32 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
- Spread with PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese Frosting; sprinkle with pecans.
- Store in refrigerator if not serving right away.
I love love love this recipe. I use it all the time and people devour it. Every time I make it have people asking for the recipe. I used this as cupcakes at a wedding I did the cake for and got rave reviews. I use a cream cheese frosting and then add on top, an oatmeal cinnamon pecan butter granola type mixture I saute on the stove (of course let it cool first). It looks super autumny and adds some texture to the extremely moist cake.
This is a delicious cake. I did not use the vanilla pudding mix, the cake mix I bought said it had extra pudding in the mix. The cake was moist and flavorful. I thought maybe 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice might be too much, but it was perfect. I also used a buttercream frosting as my DH does not care for cream cheese frosting. This is a keeper. Thanks hannahactually for posting. Sue
I made this up one day as well and was sooo excited at the outcome, for about 2 months i was making it quite often and my husband and i kept gobbling it up. Great posting!! In the past i made with water instead of oil and egg whites, this made for an extremely moist cake! I've never tried with pudding mix and next time i will, thanks!