This recipe is from a 1999 Gourmet magazine that I've added to. It's a bit different than other PB cookie recipes here. These crispy and peanutty cookies never last long anywhere I've taken them.
- Cream together peanut butter and sugar.
- Beat in remaining ingredients.
- Shape into quarter-sized balls. Place on greased cookie sheet and flatten with fork. (They spread.)
- Bake 10-11 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool 2 minutes before removing to cooling racks.
- Option: stir in 1/2 cup finely crushed unsalted peanuts to dough before baking. Makes 4 dozen.
and they won't last long around here either!! DH says they are the best peanut butter cookies he has ever had, loves'em!! So easy too. The only complaint I have is that I don't know how you would get 48 cookies from it , I only got 28 and they were not particulary big. Next time I will double the batch. They are very very good!! thanks for posting.
10 stars !!!
These cookies are fabulous! Slightly crunchy & sugary; super easy to make. I only got 20 cookies out of this recipe, though, not 48; this is ok by me because that means less temptation!