1 hr 45 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
This Cake is Delicious and Beautiful whether you tint the coconut green to make an egg studded lawn or leave it white with like the Easter Bunny's tail.Bake time depends on pan used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded carrots (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter and flour 2 8-inch round cake pans or doughmakers 9-inch cake pan.
- 3With a electric mixer, beat the sugar, oil and eggs until smooth.
- 4Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice, add to egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- 5Stir carrots and walnuts and pour into prepared pan (s).
- 6Bake the 9 inch cake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or the two 8 inch layers for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
- 7Run a knife around edges and invert cake onto a rack, let cool completely.
- 8Make Frosting; With electric mixer cream butter, add the cream cheese and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- 9Gradually add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth and fluffy.
- 10if using one layer, split it horizontally with a long serrated knife.
- 11Spread the bottom layer with 1/3 of the frosting, top with the other layer and frost top and sides with the remaining frosting.
- 12In a bowl, stir the coconut with a few drops of food coloring until all coconut is evenly tinted green.
- 13Cover with coconut and scatter the candies on top to resemble hidden Easter eggs.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easter Egg Hunt Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2737 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 10562.7
- Calories from Fat 5669
- Total Fat 629.9 g
- Saturated Fat 244.7 g
- Cholesterol 1377.4 mg
- Sodium 5902.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1177.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 36.3 g
- Sugars 922.3 g
- Protein 106.5 g