3 hrs 45 mins
Mia #3's Note:
I had a Zaar member ask me for this receipe, so I decided to share it with everyone. It's a Portuguese speciality, now a days you can pretty well find it in any good bakery shop. But back in the olden days it was only made on special occasions, like Xmas or Easter.Each region would use what ever they had at hand. It has been like that ever since. I hope all of you enjoy it as much as we all do here in Portugal. I enjoy making this for our picnics.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 600 g flour
- 2 (8 ounce) packages yeast
- 50 g sugar
- 150 g butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 water (more or less)
- 1/4 cup flour (to sprinkle on surface of counter)
- 1 egg (to brush on finished product)
- 1Prepare your dough with the above ingredients.
- 2Work it well, till dough falls away from hands and no longer sticks to you.
- 3Form a ball, and set aside covered with a clean cloth and let it rise till its twice its volume.
- 4Once it has risen, divide dough into 3.
- 5pieces, and roll it out either into a rectangle shape or circle, what ever you prefer. Grease well your pan and place first layer of dough on botton of pan, then on top of dough you place layers of the meat. Repeat the process again with the dough over the meat, do this procedure till done. Ending the top with the dough. (Make sure for each layer you pich all the way around the dough well, so it does'nt open, especially in the corners, and lightly brush with olive oil!).
- 6Let rise again for about 1 1/2 hours.
- 7After it has risen beat egg well and lightly brush over the dough, so you can get a nice coulor, place into preheated oven. 375º for about 45 minute or till cooked, looks nice golden brown.
- 8Remove from oven and brush remaining olive oil over top.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easter Bread Ball
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 902.2
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 235.1 mg
- Sodium 326.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 53.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: