1/1 Photo of Easiest Cheese Danish
Boo Chef in West Texas's Note:
Using Puff Pastry makes these easy and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 extra-large egg yolks, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 1 (2 sheet) box frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
- 1Add cream cheese & sugar in the bowl of electric mixer
- 2Cream together on low until smooth.
- 3With the mixer still on low, add egg yolks, ricotta, vanilla, salt, and lemon zest and mix until just combined. DO NOT WHIP.
- 4Unfold 1 sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured board &roll it slightly with a floured rolling pin until it's a 10 by 10-inch square.
- 5Cut the sheet into quarters with a sharp knife. Put 1 heaping tablespoon of cheese filling into the middle of each of the 4 squares.
- 6Brush the border of each pastry with egg wash and fold 2 opposite corners to the center, brushing and overlapping the corners of each pastry so they firmly stick together.
- 7Brush the top of the pastries with egg wash. Place the pastries on the prepared sheet pan.
- 8Repeat with remaining puff pastry and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 9Bake for about 20 minutes, turning pan once during baking, until puffed and brown. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easiest Cheese Danish
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.7
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.2 mg
- Sodium 322.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: