Using Puff Pastry makes these easy and delicious!
Make and share this Easiest Cheese Danish recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 extra-large egg yolks, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 1 (2 sheet) box frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
- Add cream cheese & sugar in the bowl of electric mixer
- Cream together on low until smooth.
- With the mixer still on low, add egg yolks, ricotta, vanilla, salt, and lemon zest and mix until just combined. DO NOT WHIP.
- Unfold 1 sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured board &roll it slightly with a floured rolling pin until it's a 10 by 10-inch square.
- Cut the sheet into quarters with a sharp knife. Put 1 heaping tablespoon of cheese filling into the middle of each of the 4 squares.
- Brush the border of each pastry with egg wash and fold 2 opposite corners to the center, brushing and overlapping the corners of each pastry so they firmly stick together.
- Brush the top of the pastries with egg wash. Place the pastries on the prepared sheet pan.
- Repeat with remaining puff pastry and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, turning pan once during baking, until puffed and brown. Serve warm.