A wonderful full-flavored bread - great with honey- or cinnamon-butter!
Make and share this Earth Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Combine the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Sift the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and cinnamon in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Add flour mixture to oil mixture, stirring until blended. Stir in the zucchini, carrots, banana, and nuts.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 5x9 loaf pans. Bake at 375 degrees for 55-60 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack to cool.