1/1 Photo of Earl Grey Pound Cake With Lemon Curd
Lemon and tea are a classic pairing. Try the duet in this wonderful Earl Grey Cake with Lemon Curd. These are meant to be baked in mini bundt pans.
My Private Note
mini ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons finely ground earl grey tea, leaves*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups lemon curd (about one and a half 10-oz. jars)
- 1Let the butter, eggs, and sour cream stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 12 individual fluted tube pans; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl combine flour, ground tea leaves, baking powder, salt, and soda; set aside.
- 4In a very large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5Add granulated sugar; continue beating 5 minutes.
- 6Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, scraping sides of bowl after each addition.
- 7Beat in vanilla (Mixture may appear curdled).
- 8Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition until combined.
- 9Spoon batter into prepared pans, filling two-thirds full.
- 10Bake 25 minutes or until pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 11Cool in pans on racks 10 minutes.
- 12Remove; cool on racks.
- 13TO FINISH:.
- 14Split cakes in half. Place tops on plates upside down; spread with curd.
- 15Add bottoms to creat a proper looking bundt cake.
- 16Sprinkle powdered sugar.
- 18For 4 teaspoons ground Earl Grey tea leaves, open bags with finely ground tea leaves (5 bags) or use mortar and pestle to finely grind loose Earl Grey tea leaves; measure 4 teaspoons.).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Earl Grey Pound Cake With Lemon Curd
Serving Size: 1 (1719 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.6
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 168.9 mg
- Sodium 430.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
earl grey tea