Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The finished biscotti can be dipped halfway in melted semisweet chocolate to make them extra special!
- Lightly grease one cookie sheet (spray oil works well for this).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until dough is formed.
- Stir in cherries and almonds.
- Turn the dough out on lightly floured surface and knead several times. Using the greased cookie sheet as a surface, divide the dough in half and form into two flat logs about 9 inches long and 3 inches wide.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Let cool directly on the baking sheet resting on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to 325°F.
- On a cutting board, cut the logs on the diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick pieces.
- Put back into oven for 5 minutes.
- Turn over and bake 5 more minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool on baking rack.
- Store in airtight container.
Very good! My mother-in-law lives in Michigan and sends me dried cherries several times a year. I have been searching for recipes to use them in- I will definitely make these again.
Made these tonight for my christmas baking. I did dip them in chocolate as the recipe suggested--dark chocolate, to be specific. They are divine. Perfect texture and wonderful flavor, even without the white chocolate, which I did not have on hand. thanks for posting!