1/2 Photos of Dried Cherry-Almond Filled Cookies
My original recipe. I came up with this out of necessity when I needed a special cookie for a Holiday party. Rich cherry almond flavor in a cream cheese dough. Be sure to soak the cherries before using or filling will be dry. Cooking/prep time does not reflect time to refrigerate dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 ounces butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1Dough: Cream the cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, until light.
- 2Add sugar, salt and vanilla until moistened. With mixer on low, add flour and mix until combined.
- 3Dump dough onto well-floured board and roll into a ball. Divide ball into quarters, wrap each piece in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- 4Filling: Soak cherries in a combination of Amaretto and white grape juice for several hours (in a pinch, heat on low until liquid is hot but do not boil, then add cherries and soak at least 20 minutes - allow to cool before using).
- 5Place cherry mixture, almond extract, sugar and almonds in food processor, fitted with metal blade. Pulse/process until ingredients form a grainy paste (if necessary add a little more liquid). Scrape sides down once during processing.
- 6Roll out each dough ball to a uniform thickness of about 1/8 inch. Cut into 2 inch circles and place on parchment covered cookie sheets. Place a level measuring teaspoon of filling in center of each round. Pull over to fold in half (forming a half moon) and press edges gently together to form a seal.
- 7If desired, brush each cookie with an egg wash of 1 beaten egg and 1 tablespoon milk just before baking.
- 8Bake 1 sheet at a time on center rack of preheated 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes or until bottom edge becomes golden. Remove to wire rack and let cool completely.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dried Cherry-Almond Filled Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.0
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 122.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: