1/2 Photos of Dried Cherry-Almond Filled Cookies
My original recipe. I came up with this out of necessity when I needed a special cookie for a Holiday party. Rich cherry almond flavor in a cream cheese dough. Be sure to soak the cherries before using or filling will be dry. Cooking/prep time does not reflect time to refrigerate dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 ounces butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1Dough: Cream the cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, until light.
- 2Add sugar, salt and vanilla until moistened. With mixer on low, add flour and mix until combined.
- 3Dump dough onto well-floured board and roll into a ball. Divide ball into quarters, wrap each piece in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- 4Filling: Soak cherries in a combination of Amaretto and white grape juice for several hours (in a pinch, heat on low until liquid is hot but do not boil, then add cherries and soak at least 20 minutes - allow to cool before using).
- 5Place cherry mixture, almond extract, sugar and almonds in food processor, fitted with metal blade. Pulse/process until ingredients form a grainy paste (if necessary add a little more liquid). Scrape sides down once during processing.
- 6Roll out each dough ball to a uniform thickness of about 1/8 inch. Cut into 2 inch circles and place on parchment covered cookie sheets. Place a level measuring teaspoon of filling in center of each round. Pull over to fold in half (forming a half moon) and press edges gently together to form a seal.
- 7If desired, brush each cookie with an egg wash of 1 beaten egg and 1 tablespoon milk just before baking.
- 8Bake 1 sheet at a time on center rack of preheated 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes or until bottom edge becomes golden. Remove to wire rack and let cool completely.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dried Cherry-Almond Filled Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.0
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 122.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: