Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was found in Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book. I've used it for years, adjusting it to my specific tastes. I use either dried blueberries, or cranberries. I have only once used dried apricots, diced. It's fabulous either way, any way.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 5 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries, dreid cranberries or 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, cut into fours
- preheat oven to 350degrees.
- grease bottom and 1in up the sides of TWO bread 7 1/2x3 1/2x2in bread pans; set aside.
- combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- in a medium mixing bowl, or food processor, combine eggs, bananas, sugar and butter. (I use I Can't Beleive It's Not Butter). Mix for 30 seconds.
- fold in nuts of your choice.
- spoon batter into prepared pans.
- bake at 350 for 40-45minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of bread comes clean.
- cool in pan on a wire rack for 10minutes. remove from pan. cool completely on a wire rack and enjoy.
When making this recipe I did change one thing, using as I did 3/4 cup of a mix of dried cranberries & quartered drid apricots! Also chose walnuts over the pecans, & this bread was GREAT TASTING served with a thin spread of honey butter! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]