Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe was found in Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book. I've used it for years, adjusting it to my specific tastes. I use either dried blueberries, or cranberries. I have only once used dried apricots, diced. It's fabulous either way, any way.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 5 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries, dreid cranberries or 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, cut into fours
- preheat oven to 350degrees.
- grease bottom and 1in up the sides of TWO bread 7 1/2x3 1/2x2in bread pans; set aside.
- combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- in a medium mixing bowl, or food processor, combine eggs, bananas, sugar and butter. (I use I Can't Beleive It's Not Butter). Mix for 30 seconds.
- fold in nuts of your choice.
- spoon batter into prepared pans.
- bake at 350 for 40-45minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of bread comes clean.
- cool in pan on a wire rack for 10minutes. remove from pan. cool completely on a wire rack and enjoy.
When making this recipe I did change one thing, using as I did 3/4 cup of a mix of dried cranberries & quartered drid apricots! Also chose walnuts over the pecans, & this bread was GREAT TASTING served with a thin spread of honey butter! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]