1/1 Photo of Dragon Sized Fortune Cookies
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
A fun recipe from an old Sunset Chinese Cooking Book. It's easy to make and allows you to create your own fortunes!
My Private Note
giant f ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Write 3 fortunes on 1" x 3" pieces of paper.
- 2You can use wise or funny sayings, puns -- personalized for the intended recipients.
- 3Place fortunes and 2 pot holders near the oven so they'll be handy when needed.
- 4Preheat oven to 300 F.
- 5In a bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, sugar and salt.
- 6Blend in the vegetable oil.
- 7Add the egg whites, water and vanilla.
- 8Stir until smooth.
- 9Bake cookies 1 at a time. (IMPORTANT).
- 10Drop 1/3 cup of batter on a greased cookie sheet.
- 11Spread evenly into a 10" circle.
- 12Bake in oven until cookie turns a light golden brown (about 13 to 15 minutes).
- 13Immediately place a fortune in the centre of the hot, pliable cookie.
- 14Using the pot holders to protect your hands, bring two opposite ends of the cookie together, grasp the ends of the folded cookie and gently pull together to crease.
- 15Hold the folded cookie for 1 minute to maintain its shape as it cools and becomes crisp.
- 16Please Note: The oven temperature is extremely important. If the temperature raises above 300 F, the edges of the cookie will become overly brown and will crack when you try to fold it.
- 17When the cookies have cooled completely, store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dragon Sized Fortune Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.6
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 228.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g