Mmm donuts... but in a slightly healthier incarnation.
Make and share this Doughnut Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder, plus
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, more if needed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard muffin pan with muffin cups.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and the sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until just mixed inches In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Combine the vanilla, milk and heavy cream.
- 3. With a spoon, mix a quarter of the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Then mix in a third of the milk mixture. Continue mixing in the remaining dry and wet ingredients alternately, ending with the dry. Mix until well combined and smooth, but don't overmix.
- 4. Scoop enough batter into each tin so that the top of the batter is even with the rim of the cup, about 1/2 cup. Bake the muffins until firm to the touch, about 25-30 minutes.
- 5. To finish, Melt the butter for the dipping mixture in a small bowl. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in another bowl. When the muffins are just cool enough to handle, remove them from the tin, dip them into or brush them all over with the melted butter, and then roll them in the cinnamon sugar.
These were really good! My BF asked me if he could help in the kitchen the other night so I handed him the lap top and told him to make these for desert. LOL, apparently he didn't feel the need to read the directions. He just dumped every thing in bowl and started mixing. No sifting, No creaming. Well luckily they turned out just fine. I will definitely make these again. Perhaps with no help next time. ;)
sounds delish. I intend to try real soon