Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very fattening, but oh so good.
Make and share this Dough for Fried Pies recipe from Food.com.
- Mix and place in refrigerator till ready to use.
- When ready to use, roll out pie dough.
- Use a small bowl to cut out circles.
- Put 2 or more tablespoons of fruit in the middle of the circle; fold over and press edges together.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or till browned.
I was disappointed in this. The dough had no flavor and took almost twice as long to brown. I will have to try a different rec. and see if I get the same results.
I made this with butter, since we don't use shortening at all. The dough turned out very nice and flaky, sort of like croissnats, but fried. Next day the pies were still nice and crispy, not soggy at all. I also made fried dried apple pies and will use this for other fired pies as well. But it sure is heavy hitting.
This was such a great recipe for Fried dried apple pies. My family just kept on bragging about them. Thanks for such a wonderful recipe.