Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
from 2008 pillsbury bake-off
Make and share this Double Delight Peanut Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 375º. In a small bowl mix peanuts, granulated sugar, and cinnamon and set aside.
- In another small bowl, stir peanut butter and powdered sugar until completely blended. Shape into 24 1" balls.
- Cut roll of cookie dough into 12 slices. Cut each slice in half to make 24 pieces. Flatten slightly. Shape 1 piece around 1 ball, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and balls.
- Roll each ball in peanut mixture, and gently pat onto balls. Place balls 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Spray bottom of drinking glass with nonstick spray and press into remaining peanut mixture. Flatten each ball with glass into 1/4" thickness. If any mixture remains press gently into cookies.
- Bake 7-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute on rack and then completely on cooling racks.
- Store tightly covered.
I was just getting ready to post this recpe -- found it in a newspaper a couple weeks ago and just made them this past weekend. WOW!!! The outside is a nice semi-crisp cookie -- but the center is this marvelous creamy filling that is devine!!! I know the next time I make them, I will be doubling the recipe. The only way anyone would be disappointed in these is if you don't like peanut butter or peanuts!!!
This is the best peanut butter cookie I have ever had! I doubled the recipe and I am sure glad I did. The only hard part was rolling the peanut butter and powdered sugar as it kept "melting" in my hands. Next time I would just dust my hands with a little powdered sugar before attempting to roll it. I promise if you make this cookie you will not be disappointed!
What a wonderful cookie! I can definitely see how it won the grand prize. Very different then your regular peanut butter cookie. Can't wait to make them again.