Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
When a friend brought this to a church supper, EVERYONE insisted on getting the recipe. Very moist and delicious.
- Place first 6 ingredients in a bowl & mix until blended with spoon.
- Pour into 13x9 inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350°F 35-40 minutes.
- For Icing: Mix butter, sugar and evaporated milk together and cook over medium heat until a little thickened. (This usually takes about 5 minutes at a boil).
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
- Pour over hot cake.
The all loved this.
I didnt have evaporated milk so i used sweetened condensed milk and no sugar instead, and it worked out fine.
Made this today and both my husband and I say "it's a keeper". This was so easy to make. I love the heavy dense texture to this cake. I will for sure be making it again. Yum!
Yum. We liked this a lot. What a nice change from the usual cake with powdered sugar frosting. Very dense cake and next time I may bake just a bit shorter time. I ran out of sugar so used 1/4 white sugar and 3/4 brown sugar for frosting. Still turned out lovely - just sweet enough and really good with chopped pecans. Will make again. Thanks, Marg.