1/3 Photos of Diabetic Lemon Biscotti
Legal cookies that taste good! I enjoy making biscotti and lemon is one of my favorite things so this is a double winner in my book. It says that it will make 36 but I can't seem to get that many. *EDIT*, I have changed the yield to a more realistic 25. *wink*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a food processor or in a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar substitute, and baking powder. Add the margarine and pulse until mixture forms fine crumbs (if working in a bowl, cut in margarine with a pastry blender or two knives).
- 3Add egg, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- 4Pulse until mixture forms a dough around the blade (mixing in a bowl, stir until moistened and gathers into dough).
- 5Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface.
- 6Knead 2 or 3 times, adding additional flour if needed (dough should be sticky).
- 7Form dough into a log about 2 inches (5 cm) in diameter, transfer log to the prepared baking sheet.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet, set on a rack for 15 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 275°F (135°C).
- 10With a sharp knife, cut the log diagonally into 1/2-inch (1.25 cm) slices then cut each slice in half.
- 11Arrange the half slices, standing upright on the baking sheet and bake for another 10 minutes.
- 12Transfer biscotti to wire racks to cool. Once cool, store in airtight containers until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Lemon Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (12 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.5
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 34.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: