1/3 Photos of Diabetic Lemon Biscotti
Legal cookies that taste good! I enjoy making biscotti and lemon is one of my favorite things so this is a double winner in my book. It says that it will make 36 but I can't seem to get that many. *EDIT*, I have changed the yield to a more realistic 25. *wink*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a food processor or in a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar substitute, and baking powder. Add the margarine and pulse until mixture forms fine crumbs (if working in a bowl, cut in margarine with a pastry blender or two knives).
- 3Add egg, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- 4Pulse until mixture forms a dough around the blade (mixing in a bowl, stir until moistened and gathers into dough).
- 5Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface.
- 6Knead 2 or 3 times, adding additional flour if needed (dough should be sticky).
- 7Form dough into a log about 2 inches (5 cm) in diameter, transfer log to the prepared baking sheet.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet, set on a rack for 15 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 275°F (135°C).
- 10With a sharp knife, cut the log diagonally into 1/2-inch (1.25 cm) slices then cut each slice in half.
- 11Arrange the half slices, standing upright on the baking sheet and bake for another 10 minutes.
- 12Transfer biscotti to wire racks to cool. Once cool, store in airtight containers until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Lemon Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (12 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.5
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 34.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: