This is a very easy and delicious berry pie. Since dewberries are related to the blackberry, feel free to substitute. Dewberries are plentiful "where I come from" and this is an old family recipe.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line 9" pie pan with half the pastry.
- Combine berries, sugar, flour and lemon juice (being careful not to mash berries).
- Spoon berry mixture into pie shell, and dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust and slash in several places to allow steam to escape. (I usually brush top crust with a slightly beaten egg white).
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 30 to 40 minutes, or until browned.