A coworker on Weight Watchers brought these in and they are very rich and tasty! Each cupcake has 110 calories, 2 g fat, 20 g carbohydrates, and 3 g protein. I've made it as a two-layer cake also.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces devil's food cake mix
- 6 large egg whites
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) jarspureed carrot baby food
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 4 ounces light tub cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Cool Whip Free, thawed
- Stir together the cake mix, egg whites, carrots, water, and coffee.
- Using an electric mixer, beat on low speed for 30 seconds to blend slightly.
- Increase the speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the batter into 24 muffin cups that have been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 325 or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Put the pans on cooling racks and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pans and allow to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- Using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the Cool Whip.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Top each cupcake with 1 tablespoon topping.